Wednesday 28 May 2008

Fantasy Holidays I Will Probably Never Go On Part 4

(But there is a distinct possibility I will actually go on this one)

19 Day Overland Tour of Egypt and Jordan

Perhaps with a nice stop off at Dahab on the way back for a spot of sea life.

8 things I want to do before I die that are on this trip:
The Egyptian Museum in Cairo
Luxor and Karnak
The Valley of the Kings
Sailing on the Nile
Abu Simbel
Mt Sinai
The Wadi Rum
Petra

Not bad for a 19 day trip. It also appears to follow a very similar route to the trip that my mum took when she was in her 20s. One of my fondest memories of childhood is her showing me photos and telling me stories about a red rose city - half as old as time.

Nowadays, however, she seems convinced that anywhere outside of northern Europe is awash with roadside bombs, so it might take some convincing to get her on side for this one.

No comments: