Monday 16 June 2008

List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they're not any good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying now, shaping your spring. Post these instructions in your blog along with your 7 songs. Then tag 7 other people to see what they’re listening to.

Turns out I'm not listening to much new music, which hurts my ego somewhat:

Saturday's Gone - Isobel Campbell and Mark Lanegan

I refuse to stop listening to this album.

Lucky Number Nine - Mouldy Peaches

I never really noticed the Mouldy Peaches first time around - a major oversight on my part - but bandmoreagain has put paid to that. Thanks.

Fucking Boyfriend - The Bird and The Bee

At least this one's only about a year old but I was saddened to learn that what I thought was my exciting discovery is already the name of a club night in that London. And it's probably the sort of club I would hate.

What's Love Got to Do With It? - Tina Turner

My Tina love (nurtured by my early employment experiences in a call centre in Ipswich and their dubious hold-music choices) has undergone a resurgence of late, aided by the discovery that it is pretty much the only song I can deliver on Singstar without cringing.

American Boy - Estelle

To my mind this is the best pop song of the year so far. I wish I could find a better version of this Sam Sparrow cover.

Stung - Mr Fogg

I love this song so much I could cry. I write regular begging letters to his MySpace which seem to be getting somewhere - rumours of an album in August...

DVNO - Justice

Because everything Justice do is golden to me.

No comments: